I’ve owned a PrinterBot LC for a number of years now and have extruded some interesting and complex models. After years of calibration, modification and tuning, it functioned well, printing reliably. I’ve decided it is time to sell it though and purchase a newer (capable of slightly larger output) model 3D printer, a PrintrBot Simple Metal.
This one I purchased assembled, since I’ll soon will not have much free time (more about that later) and wanted to get some experience while I could. The LC came in literally thousands of pieces, this one is definitely a much more streamlined design. I’ll definitely be writing some posts about the unboxing and calibration experience here. Fortunately, I have numerous calibration models I’ve made over the years, as well as a great deal of experience (and sweat and frustration) to bring to bear on challenge.